George Watts & Son is a Luxury Tabletop & Gift Emporium Located in the Historic Easttown Neighborhood of Downtown Milwaukee. We’ve been selling the finest in tabletop products since 1870. Family owned and managed for 5 generations, we are proud to be official authorized dealers for all of the brands we carry. Rest assured that we will stand behind all of the products we sell. We are the purveyors of fine, rare serving and home decor accessories.
Join our Emailing List
- We do not sell discontinued, damaged, or factory-seconds. We sell first quality products and do not offer discounted products beyond the prices set forth by our manufacturers and vendors.
- If you are unsure of whether your pattern is still available, please contact us. We are able to special order many patterns as long as they are not discontinued by the manufacturer.
- George Watts is an authorized retailer of all of the brands we carry both in our store and online (even if not indicated). We pride ourselves on our relationship with many of our vendors, old and new. We have established ourselves in the tabletop industry with over 139 years of quality service and satisfaction. We stand behind the products that we offer and you should feel confident when you purchase with us that we’ll stand behind you!
- Many of our vendors have been notifying us of counterfeit merchandise or unauthorized dealers selling factory seconds, damaged merchandise, or offering sub-par customer service. When you purchase with George Watts, you can rest assured that we guarantee the quality and authenticity of your purchases!
- If you should find a lower price on the identical in stock item, please bring this to our attention. In most cases, we are able to cheerfully meet the lower price. However, we will only meet prices for merchandise available through authorized retailer. Some Restrictions do apply. Errors sometimes occur; We reserve the right to correct any pricing error and will not honor prices that are unintentionally incorrect. We apologize for the inconvenience. Prices subject to change without notice.
Traditions of Beauty and Handicraft
Waxing philosophic, my father Howard Watts used to say that every home should have at least one piece of art that family and friends could gather around and talk about. It made the home a place of energy and learning; about how to be civil, how to place art at the center of our lives, enriching our children, passing on the traditions of beauty and handicraft.
This business is really so much more than selling “pretty things” We sell the world’s rarest goods, each with a glorious story of history and artistry and pride. Setting a table weaves all of these stories together to create a mood of cheer in celebrating all of Life’s special occasions both the magnificent and the simple.
We are often told, by our very well-traveled friends, that Watts is like no other store on the planet. Our emporium, (still thriving after 133 years!) Boasts the very rare mix of a family-owned entrepreneurial spirit with an exceptional historic edifice, one of Milwaukee’s treasures. We have simply the smartest salespeople and staff in our industry and objects that inspire you with their diversity and beauty. The results, which we’ve tried to convey in these pages, are temptations of every sort for living graciously.
- George Watts 2002
The Gingko Story
Watts store trademark, the bifurcated gingko leaf, is one of Nature’s most exquisitely shaped leaves. Aside from being the oldest tree species on the planet, the gingko is also known to be disease resistant and tolerant of dirt and congestion, therefore often planted in urban areas. In the late 1940’s, when Milwaukee’s city fathers insisted on widespread planting of Dutch Elm trees throughout the city, George Watts stood firmly by his principles and planted gingkoes instead. When Dutch Elm disease was at the Ohio border, the City Forester was heard to remark, “We’ll meet it at the state line with a cloud of DDT!” A knowledgeable botanist in his own right, George planted four ginkgos on Jefferson Street, at his own expense, where they stand today. As a symbol of the integrity of the individual especially in the face of authoritative opposition, we proudly display the gingko leaf on our gleaming gold box gift wrap.
- Weekdays: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Address and Phone numbers
761 North Jefferson Street
Milwaukee WI 53202
PHONE. 1.800.747.9288 or 1.414.290.5700
Join Our Mailing list
Once you register, you will receive an email to confirm that you want to join the George Watts & Son mailing list.
You are very valuable to us and we want to provide you with the best of promotions, announcements, and up-to-date information.
Note: We value your time and continuing relationship. We do not distribute, copy, sell, trade, or post any information provided by you to our company in any way, shape, or form. We do, however, use your permission to tailor promotions, announcements, and up-to-date information to suit your best interests.